Prime Minister of Israel is now plagued by political scandals. It figures. If there is a good tree, it produces good fruit but if it is a bad tree, grown on stolen land which never belonged to them in the first place anyway, it will….
Here is a list of them:
– Israel’s state prosecutor ordered police on Tuesday to open a criminal investigation into Olmert’s role in the 2005 privatisation of an Israeli bank, when he served as finance minister. Olmert has denied any wrongdoing.
– Israeli police questioned Olmert’s executive secretary this month on suspicion of involvement in payoffs in exchange for tax breaks. She has denied wrongdoing. Olmert himself was not questioned or accused of being involved in that scandal.
– An Israeli government-appointed committee has launched an investigation into the handling of Israel’s war with Lebanese guerrilla group Hezbollah last year by the country’s leadership, including Olmert.
– Israel’s state comptroller is examining the terms of Olmert’s $1.2 million sale of an apartment in Jerusalem in 2004. The prime minister has so far not commented on the case.
– Israel’s attorney general is considering a call from the state comptroller to investigate Olmert over suspicions he appointed cronies to a business authority when he was industry and trade minister. Olmert has denied any wrongdoing.
– An Israeli court is expected to hand down a verdict soon in the case of former Justice Minister Haim Ramon, who is accused of having kissed a soldier on duty in a government office against her will. He says she initiated the kiss.
– Israeli President Moshe Katsav has been under investigation since August on suspicions of sexual misconduct against female employees in his office. He says he is innocent.